miércoles, mayo 04, 2016
The San Diego Natural History Museum is looking to hire a Lead Fossil Preparator
The San Diego Natural History Museum is looking to hire a Lead Fossil Preparator.
The Lead Fossil Preparator is responsible for overseeing and conducting all laboratory based preparation of fossil remains.
- Assessment and preparation of vertebrate, invertebrate, and botanical fossil remains and traces
- Screenwashing of matrix and picking/sorting of microfossils
- Constructing fiberglass-reinforced plaster specimen cradles
- Maintenance and care of all laboratory equipment; ordering of supplies
- Development and management of fossil preparation budgets
- Supervision and training of laboratory volunteers
- Supervision and mentoring of high school interns
- Conduct tours of the preparation laboratory for school groups, VIP guests, and the public
- Assistance in transportation of large specimens throughout the department; and aid in field salvage of specimens. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.S. in geology or a related discipline with an emphasis in paleontology
- Minimum of two years\' experience in fossil preparation
- Demonstrated knowledge of and competence with relevant mechanical tools, adhesives, and consolidants
- Proven organizational ability; and attention to detail
This is full time, permanent position with a generous benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the position, salary requirements, résumé with salary history, and three references, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 6 June 2016